Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Wednesday, I'm in Love...

It's Wednesday!  So that means we're already in the middle of the week, Hump Day, if you will.  Everyone needs a little pick-me-up around this time, right?  We decided that to help us get through the week we would share our favorite fictional love stories.  It can be a favorite of all time or from the book you're currently reading.  As long as it involves love, come on over and share!
This Wednesday, let’s discuss our favorite Opposites Attract couple.
Monica’s Choice
Since I just finished up Perfect Chemistry, I have Alex and Brittany on the brain.  At times, they are complete opposites, extremes on either end of the spectrum.  He’s super bad, she’s super good and they’ve both worked hard to maintain those images.  And that’s the thing, they both live a life contrary to what they feel is right for them.  They sacrifice what they want for family, although the reasons are different.  Alex doesn’t like Brittany and she doesn’t like him.  So why are they drawn to each other?  They’re not headed for a fairy tale, but what they feel for each other is real and raw.  It will open them up to hurt and vulnerability.  Will it be worth it? 
This is who I picture as Alex.  This is who I pictured as Brittany.    

Lindsey’s Choice

This week my choice is mostly based on a TV show and partly based on a book.  I first read The Vampire Diaries over 15 years ago (yikes!).  I loved it then but that was also around the time that I quit reading.  Thank goodness L J. Smith is still writing them (or at least for now, that's another post).  Within the past year I have started reading it again.  Now it is a series.  I don't even know where to begin describing the books other than Stefan and Damon are vampires.  While Stefan naturally tries to be good, Damon, his brother is naturally bad.  So it's the whole good vs. bad thing.  In the book I love Elena and Stefan together (for now at least), but I have to say I LOVE the chemistry between Elena and Damon on the show.  It's a show I watch with my sisters and only my sisters.  I live in Memphis, one lives in Arizona, and the other lives in Birmingham.  So you can guess how often I get to watch the show.  I LOVE it though.  I feel like I am betraying them if I ever watch it on my own.  Because of this, I have missed this last season.  I really want to catch up.  I really want Elena and Damon to get together.  Watch this clip and you'll see why,


Julianne’s Choice
Has a life and is gone for the rest of the week...
Who is your favorite Opposites Attract couple in love?

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I dolove Katniss and Peta in The Hunger Games. I think that they are pretty much opposites and I can't wait for the movie!!!!!!

*Monica*Lindsey*Julianne* said...

Holla! I agree. I love them.

--monica