Thursday, June 2, 2011

We Won an Award!


Thanks to Lauren from Lauren’s Book Bag for our very first blog award!  Lauren is responsible for one of our favorite book blogs.  We're just getting started so we feel very grateful for the notice!
Here we go:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies. (We night bend the rules here a bit.  We're still making blog buddies, so we'll probably just share some of our favorites.)
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

7 Random Facts:
Monica
1. When I was younger I used to eat Comet.  Yes, as in the powdery disinfectant cleaner.  While my mom was cleaning bathrooms, I would run my finger across the lid and lick it right off.  Now, I have grown out of it, but the smell still holds the same power.  
2. I don’t drink coffee, but I will walk down the coffee aisle in the grocery store just to breathe in its rich smell.  
3. I don’t like to sleep.  I can run on little to no sleep and be totally fine.  I go to bed most nights around 2 am and wake up between 6 and 7.  I hate taking naps.  Time waster!  I’d rather read instead.
4. Lindsey and I are 18 months apart.  I honestly do not remember my life without her.  Aw.  Sweet.  Julianne on the other hand, trails 13 years behind me, 11 1/2 behind Lindsey.  Even with the age difference, the three of us are the bestest of friends!  And when we get together, which isn’t often enough, we are inseparable.
5. My favorite color is purple.  If it comes in purple, I will buy it.  I can’t help myself.  My toe nails are always some shade of purple.  
6. I have an obsession with stripes.  If a shirt or dress has stripes, I can’t resist it.  If those stripes are blue or gray, forget about it!  I am lost in stripey heaven.
7. I love to be scared.  Lindsey and I used to stay up all night on our top bunk and read scary stories.  I can’t resist a good ghost story.  It is a dream of mine to visit/stay in a haunted house.
Lindsey
1. I still have a baby tooth.
2. I went to 5 different elementary schools and 2 high schools, but I am not a military brat.
3. I can wiggle my eyes.  When I was 12 I used to babysit these kids  that came from a super religious family (they didn’t celebrate Halloween because it was Satan’s holiday).  They were the worst kids I’ve ever met.  When they were really bad (and they knew they were being bad) I’d wiggle my eyes and tell them it was Satan trying to come out and get them.  Worked like a charm.
4. I like to wear a tiara around the house, especially when I’m cleaning.  It always makes it seem a little easier.
5. I love the way baby doll heads smell.  I can’t resist a sniff now and then.
6. I cry at the most random things.  When most people are sobbing I have the driest eyes in the room.  Things I cry about... wanting a certain food and not getting it, the Red, White and Blue song by Toby Keith, missing my sisters (that one is normal).
7. I’ve been married for 5 years and I have 2 kids.  My husband’s a middle school teacher and I read stories to kids at The Village Toymaker, a small old-fashioned toy store.
Julianne
1. I do in fact exist. 
2. I’m OBSESSED with Harry Potter.
3. I love to paint my nails.
4. I listen to music with everything I do.
15 Blog Buddies (we don’t have many yet, so we’ll also include blogs we love):