Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Wednesday, I'm in Love...


It's Wednesday!  So that means we're already in the middle of the week, Hump Day, if you will.  Everyone needs a little pick-me-up around this time, right?  We decided that to help us get through the week we would share our favorite fictional love stories.  It can be a favorite of all time or from the book you're currently reading.  As long as it involves love, come on over and share!
Monica’s Choice
I am reading Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts.  I’m not that far in and I already love the inevitable couple.  At least, I hope they’re inevitable.  Rowan Tripp and Gulliver Curry.  Great names, right?  Although I keep calling Gull, Gulliver’s Travels.  Luckily, he mostly goes by Gull, so I don’t it every time I see his name.  They are both fire jumpers, but she’s been doing it for a while and he’s a rookie.  She’s tall, blonde and athletic.  He’s also tall, dark hair and has green eyes.  I’m a sucker for green eyes (I even married someone with them).  Anyway, his attraction to Rowan, “Swede,” is instant.  Hers not so much, but he works on her pretty hard.  Besides she has a rule that she does not date other fire jumpers.  We’ll see how long that last.  Gull is pretty convincing that she should give up that rule. 
Lindsey’s Choice

"I know that life isn't life if you just float though it.  I know that the whole point--the only point--is to find the things that matter, and hold on to them, and fight for them, and refuse to let them go."  -Lena (Delirium)
I haven't finished my review for Delirium but I give it the most possible stars.  I loved the book!!!
Lena has been raised her whole life believing that love is a disease.  A cure has been found but the procedure is only safe if you are 18 or older (even then there are risks).  So she is counting down the days to her procedure.  But then she meets Alex and she starts to learn that love is not a disease.  It goes against the laws, her country, all her teachings.  She is left with one question, is love really a disease?  And if it is, is it worth risking your life to have it?  (oops!  I guess that's 2 questions) 

Julianne’s Choice

Julianne actually has a legitimate reason not to post today.  She's off, romping through the wilderness... 
Who is your favorite couple in love?

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I gotta go with Wuthering Heights. I love that book!! Oh, The Help was awesome I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. finishing it and it was worth it!!!

*Monica*Lindsey*Julianne* said...

I'm so glad you liked The Help. I'll be reading it soon.

I'm not the biggest fan of Wuthering Heights (it makes me feel disloyal to the Bronte sisters to even say such a thing). Heathcliff and Catherine are such an evil, selfish couple. They are perfect for each other.

--monica