Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's Wednesday, I'm in Love...

Image from here.
It's Wednesday!  So that means we're already in the middle of the week, Hump Day, if you will.  Everyone needs a little pick-me-up around this time, right?  We decided that to help us get through the week we would share our favorite fictional love stories.  It can be a favorite of all time or from the book you're currently reading.  As long as it involves love, come on over and share!




Monica’s Choice  

  My choice this week is Eve Dallas and Roarke from the In Death series by JD Robb.  They are another one of my all-time favorites and I recently finished Holiday in Death, so they are fresh on my mind.  These two needed each other more than they'll ever know.  Neither one had a decent childhood or anyone that loved them.  They had to both work hard and reinvent themselves.  Luckily, each was successful in their own way.  Eve became a hard-fighting police detective that stands up for the victims with a rare passion.  Roarke has risen from the slums (and crime) of Ireland to become what is probably the world's most successful man.  Each book in the series demonstrates their love for each other and how it is in constant growth.  Roarke works hard to give Eve the family she never had and he also protects her with a deep, unwavering fierceness.  Eve keeps Roarke in line and loves him for who he is and not what he has (which she honestly could care less about).  I love watching them learn more about each other and themselves through their relationship.  Also, the banter/bickering is one of my favorite parts of the series.  They are hilarious moments.  Here is one of my favorites from Vengeance in Death:
Eve: "Thanks for your input, but I'll just muddle along here.  The chances of me getting the commander to take the word of a seven-year-old kid -- who no doubt had chocolate breath -- over hard evidence is just slightly less likely than me dancing naked in Times Square."

She started off at a loping stride.  "If Times Square intimidates you,"  Roarke began, "perhaps you could practice the naked dance at home."

"Oh, bite me."

"Darling, I'd love to, but you're on duty."

"Get in the #$% car."  She jerked a thumb at Peabody, who was currently doing her best to pretend she was deaf and blind.

"Please, Eve, these public displays of affection must stop.  I have a reputation." 
Roarke needs to learn to stay out of Eve's way when she's on a case.  But I hope he doesn't, just so I get more of these moments. 
Want to know what my Roarke looks like?  Go here.  Eve is harder for me.  But this is who I mostly picture here.  Yeah, I know Eve has short hair, oh well.






Lindsey’s Choice



Julianne’s Choice





No comments: