Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Wednesday, I'm in Love...

Image from here.
It's Wednesday!  So that means we're already in the middle of the week, Hump Day, if you will.  Everyone needs a little pick-me-up around this time, right?  We decided that to help us get through the week we would share our favorite fictional love stories.  It can be a favorite of all time or from the book you're currently reading.  As long as it involves love, come on over and share!


Monica’s Choice
I'll start this new weekly meme off with my favorite of all time love story.  Drum roll, please..............
Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester
I have always loved these two.  From the moment they met, I wanted them together.  Jane with her loveless childhood (minus a few good people in there) and Mr. Rochester with his tortured, scarred past.
I love that Jane was strong enough to leave, only to come back when she knew who she was to reclaim the man she loved.  And he had been waiting for her for all that time.  They are my ideal characters, so for them to have found each other is perfect.  Nobody but Miss Bronte could have written it better.  Here is one of my favorite quotes from the book:
"He is not to them what he is to me," 
I thought: "he is not of their kind. I believe he is of mine; – 
I am sure he is, – I feel akin to him, 
– I understand the language of his 
countenance and movements: 
I have something in my brain and heart, 
in my blood and nerves, 
that assimilates me mentally to him. 
… I must, then, repeat continually that we are for ever sundered: – 
and yet, while I breathe and think I must love him."
-Jane from Jane Eyre


Lindsey’s Choice

Found image from here.



For this first Wednesday I have to share a few lines of my favorite love story.  It's the poem, Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe.  His words are like velvet and my writing will never compare.  So, I'll get to the point...







But our love it was stronger by far then the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angel in heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee:-
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride
In her sepulchre there by the sea-
In her tomb by the side of the sea.

No comments: