Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Night, Movie Night...

Image from here.

If we’re not talking about books, we’re probably discussing movies.  Even better, movies adapted from books.  Whether it’s which actors should play what character or what we picture the book’s world looking like on the silver screen, we’ll spend hours  deciding just what will make the movie perfect.  
This Friday will be dedicated to discussing what movies based on books we’re looking forward to seeing.
Monica
I am looking forward to so many!  Lindsey shared her excitement for Hunger Games and that is at the top of my list as well.  Although, I am not completely enamored by the casting. Woody Harrelson as Haymitch?  I pictured a hot drunk.  What? You don’t think those two things go together?  Hmm...  Jennifer Lawrence’s look was such a major transformation that I can totally buy her as Katniss now.  I wasn’t so sure at first.  The Host is another one I am very excited for.  I just recently saw that Saoirse Ronan is rumored to play Melanie/Wanderer in Stephenie Meyer’s sci-fi novel.  She’s not exactly who I pictured (seems too young), but I think she’s a great actress.  A few of the many others are The Mortal Instruments, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Beautiful Creatures and If I Stay.  I can’t wait to see these stories come to life outside of my head.
Lindsey
All right!!!  Go ahead and take all mine.  Sheesh.  I guess I only have one more to add to your list (or at least one more for the moment) and that book is Maze Runner.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I know Monica had a hard time getting into it (if she ever did), but I really enjoyed it.  For Monica it lacked the love story, I don't always need that.  Other than The Hunger Games I guess the next book I am really excited about is Forest of Hands and Teeth.  That book freaked me out!  I just hope the movie will too. 
Wait!!!  I just remembered another one!!! Incarceron... One person is cast so far....Taylor Lautner.  Hmmm.  I'm not too sure how I feel about that.  I think he could do it but he's definetaly not my first pick (or second).  And I think Emma Watson is being considered for Claudia.  Or is she being considered for another movie?  I don't know.  I'm just glad that Hollywood has jumped on board with all these good books.
Julianne doesn't exist.  We've made her up.
Hehehe

What movies from books are you looking forward to?

No comments: