If we’re not talking about books, we’re probably discussing movies. Even better, movies adapted from books. Whether it’s which actors should play what character or what we picture the book’s world looking like on the silver screen, we’ll spend hours deciding just what will make the movie perfect.
This Friday will be dedicated to Harry Potter (said with a British accent). With its final *tear* cinematic release in 7 days, we thought it would be fun to wax reminiscent about our bespectacled hero and his motley crew of friends. Enjoy our list of Top 7 Favorite Things from Harry Potter.
As most of you know, I’ve only seen the movies, so my faves come only from those.
1. Emma Watson. I’ve already shared my love for her, but I just think she’s the cutest. And I love her as Hermione.
2. Loyal friends are hard to come by, but when you’ve got them you have to hold onto them with everything you’ve got.
3. I love that you can always tell Ginny has had a thing for Harry. So cute! And then so va-va-voom!
4. Ron is the best friend anyone would want. A bit thick at times, a bit clueless at others, but always good for a laugh and fiercely loyal to the death.
5. I love the world that has been created. Every tiny detail is so well-thought out and orchestrated. I feel instantly transported to London, or Hogwarts or the woods behind the school. There are not many movies I can watch over and over, but HP marathons run regularly at my house.
6. I love that as the kids grow up, the movies become darker. Time grows darker as it passes and the Hogwarts team has to be even more dedicated to the cause than ever. And they are. They know the risks, but that doesn’t slow them down. They love their worlds and their families, and want a bright future for each.
7. Good always wins.
Wow, I don't even know where to begin. I first started reading Harry Potter after the first movie came out. We drove from Tennessee to California. In 3 days I read books 1-4. That is a lot of Harry Potter! I realized I needed to snap out of the Harry Potter world when I was at Disneyland chuckling at the silly muggles and their amusement rides.
1. Some movies know how to cast a character and these movies are no exception. I loved everyone cast! I'm a big Emma Watson fan myself.
2. The 4th book (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), was my favorite book for years (nearly a decade).
3. After finally reading the 7th book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it is now my favorite book. I don't know what took me so long to read it but I only just read it a few months ago. Sometimes the end of a series makes me sad and I just can't bring myself to the inevitable end.
4. Since I haven't yet seen the last movie (Part 2) I have to say the Part 1 is currently my favorite movie.
5. I'm fascinated with wands. When reading the books I love the connection they have with their owners. Each wand is unique and has meaning. I know this is a bit dorky but I want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just so I can buy a wand.
6. I hope Monica doesn't kill me for this one. Most brides-to-be have bachelorette parties the night before they get married. Not my sister. We spent her last "single" night standing in line to buy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. As dorky as this may seem, it is one of my favorite memories, and not just Harry Potter memories, all time favorite memories. The people we met.....the clothes we saw....the things we heard.....the excitement....everything. It was great.
7. Finally, I'm going to have to agree with Monica. I love how dark they get. Sometimes, I feel especially nowadays, people are afraid of a little darkness. For some reason I love a good tragedy. A perfect world is boring. It's the darkness that makes light so much better. There would be no good without the evil. I'm not saying Harry Potter is a tragedy, but I'm saying that I'm glad everything doesn't go as perfectly as it should. But good does overcome evil, just as it always should and always will.
Harry Potter. What can i say? This series is what created what I am today. For the past 11 years I feel like i have lived and breathed Harry Potter. So you could say...... I'M BLOODY OBSESSED with it!! Now let's get started with this list (which is in no particular order)
1. I am in LOVE the Weasley twins. They are the perfect pair. Their connection with each other cannot be described in words. Any scene, book or movie, that involves them is always one of my favorites.
2. Hogwarts is my dream school. That place is bloody amazing! All those rooms and secret passages to explore! Who wouldn't want to go there?!? I will say that when my eleventh birthday came around I was extremely disappointed I did not receive a letter to Hogwarts. I just kept thinking it got misplaced in the mail or they couldn't find my house. Then I realized the startling truth..... I was a muggle :/
3. My favorite room in Hogwarts would hands down have to be the Room of Requirement. A room that can change into anything you need it to be at that moment. If i had this room that would be all I need. Don't give me a house, just give me the room of requirement and I'll change it into any room of the house I need.
4. Harry and Ginny's first kiss. Movie version = awwwwkkwaarrrddd. Book Version = PURE GOLD. I honestly hate their kiss in the movie. Its horrible. But in the book, it's bloody BRILLIANT! I love how spontaneous it is and how Harry just goes for it and even surprises himself. It was the perfect first kiss for the two of them. I mean it takes place after a victory from Quidditch, could it be more perfect? I think not.
5. I love how intricate and unique the whole story is. The story flows from book to book. Rowling never leaves out a detail. You know that if a question comes up you will find out the answer sooner or later.
6. Why can't Quidditch be a real? I would be so beast at that sport. When I read the books I always love imagining the Quidditch matches.
7. That the number 7 has a reoccurring appearance in the books. 7 books. 7 years at Hogwarts. 7 positions to play in Quidditch. Harry's birthday is in the 7th month of the year. Gryffindor Tower is on the 7th floor. 7 Horcruxes. 7 days till the last movie comes out. Plus many more.... its just something to think about.
P.S. Lindsey, if wanting a wand is dorky then let's be dorky together and get our own wand.
What are your favorite Harry Potter moments?