We’re joining in on the fun over at The Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday (Wednesday). Today’s list is:
Top Ten Books I Want To Reread
I am not a re-reader. There are too many books out there and not enough time. But... if I had enough time these are the books I would definitely pick up again.
1-3. The Gallaghers of Armdore Nora Roberts - I love this trilogy. I fell in love with Ireland and the wonderful characters she created in this romantic tale. I would go back to Ardmore in a heartbeat.
4. Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning - Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. Mac and Barrons finally! ‘Nuff said.
5. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas - Kleypas is one of my favorite HR writers and this book is my favorite of her Wallflowers series. She has created a despicable rake that seemed beyond redemption. Then why did I end up loving him so?
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth - This is an exceptional debut book in a promising series. The 2nd comes out next year, I might just need to refresh my memory.
7. Where She Went by Gayle Forman - I loved this two book series. I loved Adam. Great character and one of the only books that I could handle the main character being a guy. It was an emotional, soul searching read and I enjoyed every moment of it.
8. Naked in Death by JD Robb (Nora Roberts) - This is one of my favorite series of all time. Although I haven’t caught up, I would go all the way back to this first book just to see the beginning of Eve and Roarke all over again.
I love to reread books. Especially just before the movie comes out.
1. Harry Potter, any one of them. Harry Potter holds my #1 spot because I think they are the easiest rereads. I catch something new every time and they are always entertaining. Can we all band together and force Monica to read these books? Come on people, I can't believe she STILL hasn't read a single one of them. They are great.
2. Hunger Games. Again, I can read any of them. I think the 1st book and 3rd book are my favorites. Not to give anything away but I balled my eyes out on the 3rd book. Especially the last 60 or so pages.
3. The Silver Kiss. Isn't it pathetic? I have read this book 3 times and I can hardly remember a detail from the book. I read it when I was in the 6th grade. I loved vampires and the only vampire books I knew of back then were Vampire Diaries (which I also read) and The Silver Kiss. I remember loving it so I need to read it and remember why.
4. Little House On The Prairie books. I can't wait until my girls are old enough to understand these books. As soon as they are I can promise you I will be reading them these books every night.
5. All right, I'm going to say it. I hate the hype around it sometimes but I do love the Twilight books. I could read them start to finish or anywhere in between to catch up on my favorite parts.
6. Sticking with Stephanie Myers, The Host. Like most people, I struggled with it in the beginning and I'd like to read it again. Gain a new perspective. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book (I'm hoping the movie will do it justice), but I was so confused in the beginning.
7. Things Fall Apart. I just bought this book for my husband. I read it in high school because I was forced. I don't remember the details but I remember liking it (hmmm...I'm starting to see a pattern here, maybe I need to work on my memory).
8. Divergent. It was a great book and I think I'll need to read it again because I can't wait for the 2nd book to come out.
9. Edgar Allen Poe. I can't believe he is this low on my list. Let's just say it's not a ranking. Just 10 books I'd like to reread. While Edgar Allen Poe isn't a book I put his name because I love all his work, especially his poems. I could reread his stories any time, and I often do.
10. The Picture of Dorian Gray. I've only read this once and I think it's odd it popped into my head right now. But I really would like to read it again. It's got a lot of great quotes for life.
Who are your top ten rebels?