Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday...


We’re joining in on the fun over at The Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday.  Today’s list is:
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though
Everyone Has Read But Me
Monica’s List
I love this question.  I’ve been feeling this way about a lot of books recently.
1.  Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling.  Yep, I know.  I’m probably the only person in the world to have not read this series.  And I own all the books.  Go figure.  
2. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - Okay, so I’ve read the first book, but I wasn’t in love instantly like most readers.  So I haven’t gotten around to the rest of the series.  It is on my TBR.
3. Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead - Hmmm.  I see a trend here.
4. Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward - I have trouble starting any book that has the word “Lover” in its title.  I’m afraid of what I might be getting myself into.  But lots of my Shelfari friends are obsessed with this series.  
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - My husband has read this whole trilogy and has been pushing me to do it.  For some reason, I just haven’t done it yet.  
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I’m not sure why I haven’t read this one yet.  Everyone else is doing it?  That seems to be my M.O.
7. Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs - I own all books in the series.  It just keeps getting pushed to the side.    
8. Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder - This one is definitely not for lack of desire.  I’m just not getting it into my monthly plan.  Next month, for sure.  
9. Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter - She seems to be a pretty popular author in the Shelfari universe.  I’ve read one of her books, but haven't started this series.  Maybe it’s because of the covers (I do that a lot).  They just have half-naked men on the cover, not that I have a problem with half-naked men.  But again, what would I be getting myself into?   
10. The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian - Any book that has the description breedmate in it, makes me wonder if it is more sex than plot.  And I’m a plot-kinda-girl.
Lindsey’s List
Julianne’s List
Who are the books everyone else is reading that you haven't?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I know what you mean about "lover" and half naked men, is it going to be some torrid, steamy romance book with TMI?

Sidne said...

one, five and six is on my list. stop by and see what others i have listed at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com