Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday...

We’re joining in on the fun over at The Broke and the Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday (Wednesday).  Today’s list is:
Top Ten Books You Loved But Never Wrote A Review For
Monica’s List
This is an easy one because I have not been writing reviews recently, nor have I been writing reviews for long.  My kids started school again and we’ve been a bit busy.  But reviews will be making their return this week!  I’m sure you’ve been waiting anxiously for that exact announcement.  
1.  Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts - I have fallen in love with the Gallaghers of Ardmore.  Nora has painted a vivid picture of Ireland.  Her characters are lovable and well-written.  
2. Morrigan’s Cross by Nora Roberts - Roberts has such a way with mythology.  It is so believable that I wouldn’t be surprised if Cian showed up at my doorstep or Morrigan sent me on a mission to save the world.  Beautiful mythology and again, beautiful Ireland.
3. The first 4 books in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning - I read these one right after another, without a breath in between.  My review for Shadowfever pretty much sums up my love for this series.  Such an incredible world and characters.  
4. The Wallflower series by Lisa Kleypas - Great romances, great characters, and great writing.  The banter and issues are so entertaining, I never once got bored.
5. Juliet by Ann Fortier - I love the spin the author gives to Romeo and Juliet.  Going from past to present, a beautiful story is created, with numerous twists and turns along the way.
6. My Name is Memory by Anne Brashares - Normally, I am not a fan of soulmate stories, but this one was different.  The characters are well-drawn and nothing lies flat here.
7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting - Has this book made every list so far?  If so, it’s only because it is so good.  Go get it now!  
8. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - This a great dystopian about love.  It has just the right amount of romance, suspense and rebellion.  
9. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent - This is such an original story.  I can’t believe I haven’t gotten to the next in the series.  
10. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen - I love this author.  Her use of magic realism is so incredibly believable.  I want to live in these tiny Southern towns and know these larger than life characters.  This is her most recent books and one of my favorites.
Lindsey’s List
Julianne’s List
1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Along with Harry Potter, this book helped to create the bookworm that I am today. After months and months of my mom and sisters trying to convince me to read it, I finally gave in. And you know what? I absolutely loved it.
2. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale - Hale is hands down one of my favorite authors. This novel in particular is my favorite of hers. Whenever there is a rainy day or I'm in the mood for a good read, this is the book I pick up.
3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Honestly what I love most about this book is that the people that have totally beast powers, or Gracelings, have two different eyes colors. How cool is that? It also happens to be a really good book. So you should... you know.... READ IT!  
4. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher - I know what you're thinking, "You like a book about a girl who committed suicide?" If you're a person who said this then you obviously haven't read this book. This is an absolutely amazing book and I suggest that everyone read it.
4. Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell - This is the first free verse book I had ever read. At first I was skeptical but after a few pages in I was hooked. This is a wonderful retelling and a nice twist of the tale of the Lady of Shalott.
5. The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum - Great heartwarming story about a girl who comes to love her brother through his journals that he wrote for her while he was dying. 
6. The Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini - I first read this book in 6th grade and have patiently waited through the long years for his sequels. I can't wait for the last book to come out in November. I mean it's not like I've been waiting for it for 3 years or anything. 
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry - This is a magnificent utopian story. I love the way that Lois Lowry wrote this novel.
8. An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott - Of all of her novels, this is my utter favorite. It is just a nice classic tale that I love to read.
9. What Happened to Good-bye by Sarah Dessen - This is Sarah Dessen's newest novel and I flat out love it. 
10. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen - Everyone always talks about how wonderful Pride and Prejudice is, and I have to admit it is pretty good, but this novel is my favorite by Jane Austen. I would love to have a Mr. Tilney in my life.
What are some of your favorite books that you never reviewed?

No comments: